|Effect||Instantly kills the target|
|How to Learn||Can be learned during In the Shadow of the Relic|
Avada Kedavra is an Unforgivable Curse in Hogwarts Legacy. Avada Kedavra is a spell that causes immediate death to its target upon successful casting. It is considered one of the most lethal spells in the wizarding community. In Hogwarts Legacy, Spells are a powerful combat mechanic that can be used to execute various offensive, defensive, and support functions. Players have a wide variety of over 20 different Spells to choose from, allowing them to customize their strategies and approaches to fit their style. Spells can be combined in creative ways to unleash powerful combos making them a versatile and indispensable tool for any aspiring witch or wizard.
Kills enemies instantly.
What Avada Kedavra does in Hogwarts Legacy
- Avada Kedavra is a spell that instantly kills the target upon successful casting.
- It is considered one of the most powerful and deadly spells in the wizarding world, and is often used as a last resort in dangerous situations.
- Due to its deadly nature, it is considered one of the Unforgivable Curses and use of it is heavily punished by wizarding laws.
How to learn Avada Kedavra in Hogwarts Legacy
- Avada Kedavra can be learned during the quest In the Shadow of the Relic. During the quest, you will be presented with dialogue options to either learn the spell or refuse to learn the spell. Choosing to learn it will present you with the Learn Spell mechanic, asking you to follow the on-screen prompts to recreate the wand movements.
- Avada Kedavra is unlocked and can be used freely within the Dark Arts Battle Arena (Deluxe Edition only), even before the player can learn the spell or if they refused to learn it during In the Shadow of the Relic. However, the spell will only remain unlocked within the Arena, if the player has not learned it themselves.
What Talents can be used to improve Avada Kedavra
The following Talents can be used to improve the effectiveness of Avada Kedavra:
- Avada Kedavra Mastery: Killing an enemy with Avada Kedavra kills all cursed enemies.
Hogwarts Legacy Avada Kedavra Notes & Lore
- Avada Kedavra is considered one of the three Unforgivable Curses, along with Imperius Curse and Cruciatus Curse, which are considered the most evil spells in the wizarding world and are illegal to use.
- In the books, Avada Kedavra is described as a green jet of light that shoots from the wand of the caster towards the intended target. This spell is often accompanied by the incantation "Avada Kedavra!", which is said to be derived from the ancient language of magic.
- In the Harry Potter series, Avada Kedavra is used by various dark wizards, including Lord Voldemort, to kill many characters, including James and Lily Potter, Cedric Diggory, and Severus Snape. The spell is also used by Voldemort in his attempt to kill Harry Potter, which ultimately leads to the resurrection of the Dark Lord.
- It is said that the spell is difficult to cast and requires a great deal of magical power, making it even more dangerous. The only known defense against Avada Kedavra is the Disarming Charm, which can be used to deflect the curse back at the caster.
- Notes and tips about this item go here
|All Hogwarts Legacy Spells|
Accio ♦ Alohomora ♦ Altering Spell ♦ Ancient Magic ♦ Ancient Magic Throw ♦ Arresto Momentum ♦ Basic Cast ♦ Beast Feed ♦ Beast Petting Brush ♦ Bombarda ♦ Confringo ♦ Conjuring Spell ♦ Crucio ♦ Depulso ♦ Descendo ♦ Diffindo ♦ Disillusionment ♦ Disillusionment Charm ♦ Evanesco ♦ Expelliarmus ♦ Flipendo ♦ Glacius ♦ Imperio ♦ Incendio ♦ Levioso ♦ Lumos ♦ Nab-Sack ♦ Oppugno ♦ Petrificus Totalus ♦ Protego ♦ Reducto ♦ Reparo ♦ Revelio ♦ Rictusempra ♦ Riddikulus ♦ Stupefy ♦ Transformation ♦ Vera Verto ♦ Wingardium Leviosa
In case you select options that don’t let you learn the curse, you will be given another option in the next quest, In the Shadow of Fate. Ominis Gaunt will present you with the choice of turning Sebastian in. Here you need to choose “We must not turn Sebastian in”, after which Sebastian will once again offer to teach you Avada Kedavra.
In case you do turn Sebastian in, he will be taken away by the Ministry authroities, and you won't be able to learn Avada Kedavra.
Is there a way do learn this spell after you have reject it in the mission?