Protego is an Essential Spell in Hogwarts Legacy. Protego is a powerful defense mechanism that allows you to deflect spells cast by enemies back at them. It can also be used to counterattack. In Hogwarts Legacy, Spells are a powerful combat mechanic that can be used to execute various offensive, defensive, and support functions. Players have a wide variety of over 20 different Spells to choose from, allowing them to customize their strategies and approaches to fit their style. Spells can be combined in creative ways to unleash powerful combos making them a versatile and indispensable tool for any aspiring witch or wizard.
Protects against a variety of attacks, including spell casts, weapon strikes, and more. Cast with triangle.
Waiting to cast Protego until the last moment before an impact results in a Perfect Protego that damages melee attackers and reflects projectiles back, breaking enemy shields.
What Protego does in Hogwarts Legacy
- Protego is a powerful defense mechanism that allows you to deflect spells cast by enemies back at them. If you cast it exactly when an attack is going to land on you, you will actually reflect that projectile back to the attacker. So you can deal damage with this spell
- Timing is key as you need to press the guard button at the right moment, indicated by a yellow halo appearing above your character's head.
- Not only can you defend yourself, but you can also launch a counterattack by holding the guard button and casting a spell like Stupefy to incapacitate the enemy.
How to learn Protego in Hogwarts Legacy
Protego can be learned automatically, players already know it at the start of the game. During The Path to Hogwarts main quest, after resolving the statues puzzle, players will have to press as part of a Quick Time Event during a cutscene in which one of the statues attacks you with a sword. This is also the first time the Spell is seen during Hogwarts Legacy.
What Talents can be used to improve Protego
The following Talents can be used to improve the effectiveness of Protego:
- Protego Mastery: Perfect Protego releases a damaging blast that breaks enemy shields.
- Protego Absorption: Successful Protego blocks will contribute to the Ancient Magic Meter. Perfect Protego blocks contribute even more.
- Protego Expertise: Blocking a spell with Perfect Protego will send two projectiles back at enemies.
Hogwarts Legacy Protego Notes & Lore
- Protego is a defensive spell in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. When cast, the spell is accompanied by a bright flash of light and a distinctive hissing sound.
- The power of the Protego spell is dependent on the strength and skill of the caster, and it can be reinforced by other spells or incantations. Some of the most powerful wizards, such as Albus Dumbledore, were able to cast Protego on a massive scale, creating powerful shields that could protect entire buildings or areas.
- The spell is also one of the most fundamental spells taught to young witches and wizards at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and is considered a crucial tool in their magical arsenal.
- Protego is an essential spell for any wizard or witch who wants to protect themselves, their loved ones, or their belongings. Its versatility, power, and simplicity make it one of the most iconic spells in the Harry Potter universe, and a spell that every aspiring wizard should master.
- Notes and tips about this item go here
|All Hogwarts Legacy Spells|
Accio ♦ Alohomora ♦ Altering Spell ♦ Ancient Magic ♦ Ancient Magic Throw ♦ Arresto Momentum ♦ Avada Kedavra ♦ Basic Cast ♦ Beast Feed ♦ Beast Petting Brush ♦ Bombarda ♦ Confringo ♦ Conjuring Spell ♦ Crucio ♦ Depulso ♦ Descendo ♦ Diffindo ♦ Disillusionment ♦ Disillusionment Charm ♦ Evanesco ♦ Expelliarmus ♦ Flipendo ♦ Glacius ♦ Imperio ♦ Incendio ♦ Levioso ♦ Lumos ♦ Nab-Sack ♦ Oppugno ♦ Petrificus Totalus ♦ Reducto ♦ Reparo ♦ Revelio ♦ Rictusempra ♦ Riddikulus ♦ Stupefy ♦ Transformation ♦ Vera Verto ♦ Wingardium Leviosa